Jan 28, 2012
My afternoon class was with the fabulously talented and always darling Teresa Collins for her Teresa Collins StampMaker. Needless to say, as always, Teresa was spot-on with giving us the information we needed along with several tips to help us design and create our own stamps. Great job Teresa!!!!!
OK, off I go to get myself as ready as possible for the morning, when the show officially opens and the Convention Floor opens up and allows us to see all the great new things that are waiting for us in the manufacturer's booths!!
Then when the day draws to a close, several of us (many from the Cricut message board) are meeting up for dinner. It should be great fun and I always love putting the faces to the names!!
Alright, off I go!! If you want me to check out something out for you, or if you want to place an order, just email me at email@example.com and I'll be happy to help you!!
Until later on tomorrow ....
Jan 24, 2012
Here's the BIG NEWS: The very busy "Cricut Event/Special Project" I've been involved with over the past couple months is that I filmed a TV INFOMERCIAL for Cricut / Provo Craft that will be airing on all the major network stations. Please watch for it!!
It was the experience of a lifetime and I will be forever grateful to have had the privilege of being involved with it! I just saw that Teresa Collins had posted on Facebook about it, so I doubled checked with the production company and they said it's OK to post this info now, so now you know!!!
The production company that Provo Craft very wisely hired to shoot this infomercial was Raymond Enterprises and let me just say they were an absolute dream to work with from start to finish. Every single person I came into contact with from Raymond Enterprises was unbelievably professional, amazingly grounded and every one of them made me feel like a million bucks!
On Day 1 they actually did my shoot at my family business, Main Street Eyewear in downtown Huntington Beach. They came to our location because we were utilizing ideas for businesses to be able to use the Cricut Mini and Cricut Craft Room. It was wild to walk in from Main Street in the wee morning hours and see the HUGE amount of equipment that they brought to this locale shoot. The entire breezeway out on front of our business was jam-packed full of equipment!! It honestly looked like a real TV shoot, which of course it was, from the swiveling cameras to the big lights and even a little craft services table outside full of big pots of Starbucks coffee to keep us all going! And every single person from Raymond Enterprises knew exactly what they needed to do to get the job done, from putting a special type of film onto all our lights inside our store and all the display cases to make them look better on TV, to covering up every single designer's logo in our eyewear/optical store (and since all we sell is high-end designer eyewear, that was quite a serious job, LOL!!) and much, much more!! The Art Director was fabulous and certainly had an amazing eye for detail, the camera man managed to get his shots even in the tightest spots within our business, and the gal who kept track of each and every second of what had been filmed had a memory like I've never seen--it was unbelievable!! And of course, a fabulous team like this gets its direction from the top down and I have to give a huge thank you to Beau, who was in charge of the shoot, and to his fabulous and oh-so-helpful assistant, Alon. From the first contact I had with Beau while going through the interview process with him and then preparing for the shoot, and all the way through to the finish of my part of this project, he was simply amazing and soooo easy to work with/for. He made it an absolute joy!
They were there at our location from very early morning until very late afternoon and to continue about the production company's awesomeness, when they left, every single thing they had altered for the commercial, from the lights to covering up the logos, to removing the backs of some display cases was put back exactly the way it was before they showed up that morning---you would never have known they were there, except for the fact that for days afterwards, people were inquiring about what we'd been shooting in there (news travels fast where we're located here on Main Street, which is just up from the ocean and in many ways, is very much like its own small town, and the TV shoots around here are generally about surfing or our amazing Lifeguards, LOL!!)
Then on Day 2 we finished up the interview portion, aka my "green screen" interviews at their beautiful production facility in L.A. It was top notch all the way, from the Stylist who had picked out the perfect color shirt and matching scarf for me for my wardrobe for the shoot, to the Makeup and Hair Stylist who transformed me for my "close-up", LOL (and I kept her very pretty hair-do for a big fancy party that my husband and I were going to that evening and got lots of compliments about it!!), to the director, to the interviewer and all the other support people in that room, and every other single solitary person I came in touch with that day. I say again that the way they treated me made me feel like a million bucks!! I also want to thank Jon Lee, the Creative Director at Provo Craft for all his help and guidance as well!
As I said before, it was the experience of a lifetime; the chance to hopefully help sell these new products that are part of the Cricut product family that I have been a part of as a consumer since they were first released over 5 years ago. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE my Cricut machines and feel they have literally changed my life. Any time spent "Cricuting" always makes me extremely happy and joyful!! I couldn't begin to add up all the people I've educated about the Cricut over the last 5 years and getting the chance to now do so on such a grander scale was a dream come true!!
So keep your eyes peeled for this to air and if you see it, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know where and when you saw it. I would greatly appreciate the heads-up!
Here's a copy, you can find me at approximately 1:27 (1 minute and 27 seconds), 5:56, and 14:17. (There might be more, but that's what I found when fast forwarding through the finished video this first time around!) (FYI--It might be easiest on your eyes to click on the YouTube symbol at the bottom right of the video, which will open the video in YouTube itself and thus should be shown on a larger screen. But if you leave, please come back and leave a comment and let me know what you think!!)
That goes for everybody—please leave a comment and let me know what you think!! I hope you all enjoy it!!!!
Jan 20, 2012
- Of course I was THRILLED to see another new Imagine cartridge (I just wished there would have been more of them for the Imagine in this release!!)!! It’s the Cricut Imagine®Art Cartridge, “Greeting Cards Inside and Out” and it’s filled with birthday invitations, thank you cards, birth announcements, engagement and wedding announcements, and cards for all sorts of occasions. Not only is it going to make it quick and super easy-peasy to make all sorts of cards, but I also absolutely LOVE all the new Imagine papers on this cartridge!! Take a look:
(FYI, the little Cricut Circle emblem you see on the following Imagine papers is just their watermark to help protect these images on the internet!! They are not an actual part of the papers.)
Aren’t those papers GORGEOUS and FUN??!!
- Next up is the Cricut® “Ole’ Cartridge” , which is packed full of striking images, Spanish phrases, and a bold layered font. Wowee, is this cartridge ever overdue??!! So cute, I can’t wait to make some fun invites for Tacos and Margaritas Night, LOL!! Here it is:
Do you also see those gorgeous scalloped designs—they make this cartridge even more fun!!!
- Next is the Cricut® “Type Candy” cartridge. This sweet Font cartridge features three darling fonts with shadows. Each font includes uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, punctuation marks, and special characters. I am soooo thankful to see a full font cartridge again!!! Take a peek:
- Onto the next cartridge, and I fully admit that I can’t wait to get my hands on it!! Just wait until you see this one, which is the Cricut® “Giant Flowers” Project cartridge !!! All I can say is YIPPPPPEEEEE---more beautiful flowers—WooHoo!!! You can use this cartridge to create larger-than-life flowers for a wedding, event, party, birthday, or home décor. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
Aren’t they sooooo pretty?? With the larger size of these flowers I’m soooo glad that I ordered the new Petal Roller Tool -Fabric from Imaginisce because it has a much larger slot (wider and longer) where you insert the end of your flower in order to begin rolling it, than all my other rolling and quilling tools!!! I think that’s going to come in really handy with these!! I need this cartridge right now!!
- Next up is the Cricut® “Bridal Shower” Event cartridge which includes a variety of images such as rings, clothing, phrases, 3D objects, and more. This will certainly be a welcome cartridge with the wedding season coming upon us. Our own family is having its very first wedding this summer when our oldest son, Matthew and his fiancée, Nancy, get married, so I’m sure I will be getting some great use out of this cartridge! Let’s take a look while I ponder all the different ways I can use this cartridge:
OK, my mind is already spinning with ideas!!
- So, what’s next you ask?? What’s the old saying? First comes LOVE, then comes MARRIAGE, then comes “somebody” in a BABY CARRIAGE…?? Which means that the next logical life event on our cartridge reveal is the Cricut® “Baby Shower” Event cartridge which you can use to create unforgettable invitations, decorations, party favors, table décor, and more.
- As we continue to stroll through these new releases, the next one is the Cricut® “Elmo and Friends Holiday” cartridge which features Elmo and his friends having fun on Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween, Christmas, and other holidays. Get ready for super-cuteness:
How about that image with Oscar the Grouch holding the Valentine’s candy heart??!! I warned you about the cuteness factor, didn’t I??
- Now let’s look at Cricut® “My Quiet Book” Project cartridge which can be used to teach your children, nieces and nephews, or grandchildren their colors, shapes, numbers, and more with this cartridge content.
Sweet images, right??
- Next let’s look at a new Lite cartridge, which are found at Wal-Mart and/or at Cricut.com in the shopping section Here is the Cricut® Lite “Fun in the Sun” cartridge which features people waterskiing, boating, swimming, playing volleyball, or otherwise enjoying a day at a beach or lake. (You all must know that this southern CA beach gal is loving this one, LOL!!!)
It’s a good thing I’m writing this article at night or I’d be tempted to grab a beach towel and run on over to the beach after looking at this cartridge, LOL!!
- Last, but certainly not least is the latest and greatest Cricut® Circle Exclusive cartridge, the gorgeous “Letter Envy” cartridge which features an eclectic main font, bold crests, and an eye-catching second font with shadows. Once again, please allow me take my hat off to the Circle folks up at Provo Craft who have really been doing a great job lately with proving us with fabulous content on the Circle Exclusive cartridges. The Circle Exclusive cartridges are only available to members of the Cricut® Circle, and are automatically sent out to us each quarter (4 times a year!). I wonder just how many of you who aren’t already part of this crafty club might be considering joining us when you see this gorgeous cartridge??!!
OMG—can you believe how gorgeous and detailed these fonts are?? Will someone at Provo Craft PLEASE put me out of my misery and hurry up and send me my Circle package with this cartridge in it, LOL??!!! I am absolutely just going crazy over here wanting to get my hands on this cartridge---please have mercy on me and all my other Circlets and rush this quarter’s Circle Exclusive cartridge out to us!!
Maybe when I see the Provo Craft folks at CHA I can get a hint as to how soon the new Circle cartridge will land on my doorstep!
Well, I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing all 10 of these new Cricut cartridges as much as I did!! I wonder which ones are at the top of your list??
Jan 19, 2012
She has some great new die sets from Spellbinders that you can see on the Spellbinders Abilities and Beyond Blog Frenzy on Day 6, plus there are several great videos within this post full of fun techniques and hints!! See them all here: http://donnasalazar.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/01/spellbinders-abilities-and-beyond-blog-frenzy-day-six.html.
Next, Donna has three new paper collections from GCD Studios:
- The first is the Botanique paper line that you can view here: http://donnasalazar.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/01/first-paper-line-reveal-botanique.html --drop dead gorgeous!!
- The second paper line is her Mix'd Media Stack from GCD Studios that actually contains 4 different mediums, including Kraft Labels, thin Kraft paper, Manilla paper & Watercolor paper. This is a palette of non-stop artistic fun papers that you can see here: http://donnasalazar.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/01/donnas-reveal-of-art-gone-wild-stamps.html
- The third paper release is her Storybook paper line---OMG, this is too cute! Check it out on the GCD Studio blog here (it hasn't been posted on Donna's blog yet, but I'd guess it should be there fairly soon!): http://gcdstudios.blogspot.com/2012/01/story-book-collection.html
- In addition to the three new paper lines, Donna is also releasing Volume 3 of her fabulous Crafty Chronicles Newspaper. I think parts from the previous 2 versions make it onto about 80% of my projects and no doubt this new version will prove just as useful!
Oh, and almost forgot that she also has several new matching chipboard releases from Want2Scrap that match up to her new Spellbinders dies! WooHoo!!!!!!
Whew, I have to tell you I'm exhausted just from recapping the list of all Donna's new products for you!!! I can't imagine how worn out Donna must be right now, LOL!!! Because Donna is a local gal from right here in Orange County, I take special pride in always seeing what new and wonderful things she creates. I absolutely love her style!! To me, she's the "girlie" version of Tim Holtz, with her "Girlie Grunge" style that always manages to look very soft and feminine, while still allowing for all her inky, painty, glitzy, grungy fun techniques!!
Congratulations Donna on a great start to 2012!!
I have been and continue to order all the new Spellbinders dies, including all of Donna's, and will be ordering her papers as soon as I'm able to do so. I will also be checking out ordering her stamps from Art Gone Wild--I've never dealt with this company before, so hoping I can get that all set up when I'm at CHA!!
If you want to order any of Donna's products, or anything else being released for CHA Winter 2012, please email me at email@example.com with the list of products that you want and please put the word "ORDER" in your email subject line. Please include your shipping zip code (or for international customers, please include your full shipping address), along with your PayPal email address.
Yikes, this is shaping up to be a seriously great Winter CHA and the show hasn't even started yet, LOL!!!
Jan 17, 2012
Hi to all!!! Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy 2012!! I'm officially back to work full-time, after spending the majority of the past month spending time with and enjoying my 82 year old Dad's month-long visit. He went home to the Midwest yesterday, after being spoiled to our 80+ degree beach days that we had for the majority of his visit here!!
So now I am catching up on a LOT, including blogging about the latest & greatest new releases as we wind our way down to the opening of Winter CHA 2012 in Anaheim.
I have been and continue to pre-order all the newest Spellbinders releases as they're being posted on their blog. Please go to their blog by clicking here: http://spellbinderspaperarts.com/Community/Blog.aspx . As of this moment, they have so far debuted Days 1 through 6, so when you go to the Spellbinders site, be sure to look at each of those 6 separate days of posts, plus continue to follow and watch for the remaining days of releases in order to see ALL of the new releases!!!
Once again, Spellbinders has outdone themselves with these amazing new releases, so I expect the demand to be HUGE!! Because of that, it is important to get your orders emailed to me ASAP, so I can make sure I have pre-ordered enough quantities of each new set within the new releases. Otherwise, I expect orders that aren't put in ASAP, will be waiting for the second or third round of manufacturing to be done overseas and then shipped to the USA. As always, my prices will be an average of 20% to 35% off of the MSRP (aka: the "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price"). FYI--these are my every day low prices--you do not need a coupon or to wait for a sale--this is how I price my products all the time, to make it easy and cost-effective for my customers to get what they want!!
To place your orders with me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org - please put the word "ORDER" in your email's subject line, and include the Product name & the Product code of everything that you want, along with your your PayPal email address, and your shipping zip code (or if you're an International customer, please include your full shipping address within your country). Please try to get your orders into me ASAP so that I make sure I have pre-ordered enough quantities for all of you. This is an amazing set of new products and I expect the demand to be huge. Anything that doesn't get ordered early enough will most likely have to wait until a second/third shipment gets re-manufactured & sent here to USA, so please don't wait if you want to get yours early!
If you have any questions, please either email me or call me during my home office hours of between 10AM to 6PM PACIFIC time. My home office # is (714) 964-0656. Thanks!
Jan 7, 2012
To see all their new stamps, please follow the links below to their website, then make a list of which sets you want (the name of the stamp set and its’ product code if possible) and email your list to me at email@example.com . Please put the word “ORDER” in your email’s subject line, which will pull it up to the top priority!! Be SURE to come back and email me to place your orders, because as always, my prices are anywhere between 20% to 35% LESS than the manufacturer’s retail prices (aka: MSRP).
To see all the new JustRite CLING stamps, please click here: http://www.justritestampers.com/category.aspx?categoryID=228
To see all the new JustRite CLEAR stamps, please click here: http://www.justritestampers.com/category.aspx?categoryID=250
To see JustRite’s brand new DIE Releases (their dies are manufactured for them by Spellbinders and are designed to match specific JustRite Stamp Sets), please click here: http://www.justritestampers.com/category.aspx?categoryID=238
OK, now that you’ve seen them, email your list to me to get your order placed!
FYI: All of the JustRite CLING and CLEAR stamps only need a “regular” acrylic block to mount them on for stamping, which many of you already own (the same acrylic blocks that we all use for clear stamps). Unlike the ORIGINAL versions of the JustRite Stamps, which do need the specific size stampers for mounting, instead, all of the JustRite CLING and CLEAR stamps don’t require you to purchase anything extra!! So as long as you already own an acrylic block that will fit the Cling or Clear stamps that you’re ordering, you are all set!! However if you DO need to add some acrylic blocks to your order, please feel free to do so. You will find JustRite’s collection of acrylic blocks at the bottom of the same web pages listed above, where their new Cling and Clear stamps are shown.
So now that you’ve seen these gorgeous new JustRite releases, get your list together and email it to me ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org (or if you already have me in your email’s address book as email@example.com , that is still my MAIN email address, but I’ve now also added an additional email address for my business's orders, which is just a shorter and more abbreviated version of the original in an attempt to make it easier for some of you!! Both of those email addresses will land in the same spot for me!!)
And remember, I can also help you with many, many other products from all sorts of manufacturers. To see a partial list of the manufacturer’s products that I can help you with, please scroll down this web page and you will see a list on the right side of the page, just a little bit further down.
Well believe it or not, here we go again, beginning the countdown to CHA Winter and all the new products that are already beginning to roll in, with many more to come!! This is going to be FUN!!!!
P.S. I want to send a shout out to Megan and her husband Sean from Above Rubies Studio. Sean was in a car accident earlier this week and thank goodness it wasn’t serious, but he did get pretty bruised up and is very sore from the air bags. If you could, please send some good thoughts and prayers their way, because whenever any of our loved ones gets hurt or injured, it is very scary and stressful for the entire family. Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery for Sean and some peace of mind for Megan!