OK, on with the product and shipping updates. Let me first stress that in ALL cases, once I receive any pre-orders, back-orders or re-orders, I will ALWAYS ship them out ASAP. Not only do I know that my customers are anxiously waiting for their orders, but on a personal level, I just don't have the extra storage space to hang onto anything extra (and I have NO desire to do so!!).
In addition, if you happened to pick up the delayed pre-ordered product at the large national craft store while the rest of us (retailers) were waiting to receive their shipments from the manufacturer, please don't worry about getting a refund from me, whether it's over 30 days or not. I will always do what's fair for my customers. Please just know that I have placed all these orders with the manufacturers and have paid for them upfront, so all I ask is that you be fair with me as well.
PINK ATG UPDATE:
The latest update is this: There was a quality problem with the one large shipment that shipped from overseas early (to a large national craft retailer). That quality issue caused the manufacturer (3M) to have everything else pulled back and corrected, which has caused major delays all across the board for everyone else. (Although after hearing about the quality problems that have been found in that first early shipment, this is one time I'm thinking that maybe it's a GOOD thing NOT to have gotten the product early on!!)
I've been in contact with the manufacturer constantly, on the phone and in their booth while I was at CHA. They changed the expected arrival date range now to sometime during the 2nd week in August (and again, this IS an estimate from them, they won't guarantee any exact date!!).
I have absolutely NO control over 3M and their manufacturing process--grrrrrrr!!!! I am held hostage to them fixing their quality problem and sending all the products I ordered to me. I can't even BEGIN to explain how INCREDIBLY frustrating this has been for me, and how helpless it has made me feel, despite my multiple calls and contacts with the manufacturer.
I can't WAIT to receive these and get them shipped out to everyone who ordered one. There is NO worry about getting a refund if you happened to pick one up locally at the large national craft retailer who received that early shipment (but please, be sure to check EVERYTHING included in your box to make sure it's all working correctly if you did get one, since there have been those quality issues reported within that shipment, which are what caused the delays for everyone else since!!). I would NEVER hold anyone's hard-earned cash hostage like that (even though I've paid for my orders upfront!).
This is a case of the manufacturer, Imaginisce, under-estimating the immense popularity of this fabulous little tool. Unfortunately, they are actually completely out of stock right now of the i-rock tool itself. They absolutely underestimated the overwhelming demand for this great product & had to have more manufactured. They have ZERO in stock right now to sell to any retailers. I have several large orders in with them & they will fill the retailer's orders in the sequence in which they received them, so for me, my orders should be close to the front of that line (which is a good thing!!). But right now, we are all waiting for them to get the tool shipped from overseas. Their current estimate is that it should arrive around mid-August (a couple more weeks). I also checked with them every day in the booth at CHA (and tried to see if they would even sell me the demo units they had in their booth, but that was a big "no"!!).
As soon as I receive these, I will send them out ASAP.
Any pre-orders, back-orders and re-orders are always dependant on the manufacturer sending me the products I order from them. I am ALWAYS at their mercy as to when they ship their products. I have noticed this year that more than ever, the manufacturers just don't seem to be meeting their projected ship dates for new releases. I don't know if that corresponds with more and more manufacturing being sent to be done overseas, but it certainly seems to. Going forward, I have now started adding at least 2 weeks onto any new release date that I'm being given by any manufacturer who is sending their work overseas. I prefer to err on the side of caution, than to put out any dates that I believe will probably not be met by the manufacturer.